You have bought a GreenPan™, the new cooking fun can begin!
To guarantee a long life of your cookware, we have a few tips for you.
See it as an investment in your new relationship.
- Heat settings are very important. Low to medium heat settings are recommended for most cooking. The patented Thermolon™ coating distributes heat more effectively, causing some protein-rich foods to cook more quickly.
- We recommend to use oil or butter. Use oils and fats that have a high smoke point, like refined olive oil, peanut oil, corn oil and (clarified) butter. Do not use extra virgin olive oil or oil sprays as it cannot withstand high heating and will leave a thin carbonized layer on your nonstick.
- Never leave an empty pan on a hot burner.
- Never use metal utensils on any non-stick surface. Plastic, rubber or wooden utensils are recommended to prolong the life of the pan.
- Do NOT cut food while it is in the pan.
- Allow the pan to cool down and then clean it thoroughly after each use.
- To preserve your pan, it is recommended to wash it in warm soapy water. Rinse and then dry with a soft towel.
- Do NOT use steel wool or nylon scrubbing pads. For best results, clean with a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always nest your non-stick pans carefully, and do not allow other metal pan covers with thin sharp edges to sit inside your pans.
- Slight surface marks and discolorations developed over time are normal and will not affect the performance of the coating.
Want to know more?
If you have more questions about how to take care of your pan, be sure to read through our Frequently Asked Questions.
Would you like to download the Care & Use which was provided with your cookware, click on the Care & Use of your choice below (PDF download):
Please download the warranty policy here.